Master Rhee and I have many discussions/disagreements. We sometimes have some trouble communicating and Master Rhee is always telling me that he doesn't understand me. The other masters will often tell him what I said in English and then laugh that he doesn't understand since Master Rhee really does know a lot of English. All the other masters joke that I don't like Master Rhee, but I do. It is just that I enjoy arguing with him and everyone else takes that to mean that I don't like him.
Here are some discussions Master Rhee and I have had recently.
--Master Rhee telling me that I write numbers 4, 6, and 9 wrong.
--Master Rhee telling me that I write all my Korean letters wrong.
--Master Rhee telling me that I write most of my English letters wrong.
--Master Rhee telling me that my English pronunciation is wrong. There are too many words to even begin listing that he has told me I say incorrectly. It is always so funny to me that he tells me I am saying words wrong.
--Master Rhee telling me that I fold papers the wrong way. In Korea papers are often folded in half and then in half again--not in thirds like in the US.
Are you seeing the theme? It really doesn't bother me at all that we always disagree. Many times I end up telling Master Rhee I understand what he is saying but that I am not going to change how I do things which tends to frustrate him a little bit.
1 comment:
Good for you. You go girl. Love ya - Mom
Post a Comment