Friday, May 1, 2009

Tournament

Tournament in Chicago last weekend was a ton of fun. Drove down to Chicago in the morning on Saturday, ate lunch in China Town, walked around at Navy Pier, got caught (and therefore drenched) in a downpour of rain, ate Chicago deep dish pizza for dinner, hung out with some of my friends from college and then got some sleep. Sunday I was up early to go to work at the tournament. I spent almost the entire day selling boards with Andy--nearly 3000 boards. I got to work at one of the tables for the first round of the sparring competition and then had a blast watching one of my students win the adult men sparring grand championship. Of the four adult men to make it to the grand championship round, three of them were from my school--so much fun to watch all the hard work in sparring class pay off. Anyway, after the tournament ended, we all piled back into the van and drove home. We made it back the the St. Louis Park Bally at 2am. Nothing like a fun and crazy weekend.

Again, I keep forgetting that I own a camera and it never made it out of my bag all weekend.

No comments: