Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Child's Day

Today is child's day in Korea. Not really sure the point of the holiday other than parents get the day off so they can spend it with their kids. And I never complain when I get a day off.

So today I woke up early (the only bad part of the day--never going to be a morning person) and met my friends at church. We drove to a nearby mountain and spent a great day walking through a traditional Korean village and hiking and hanging out. And what road trip in Korea would be complete without some Noraebang (aka karaoke) on the bus on the way home.
--getting tortured for fun--they have a trial; if guilty, then the punishment is breaking the legs.--making dandelion tea
--found some of the actors in the traditional village taking a break to eat ice cream
--stopping to look at a waterfall
--it's traditional to walk barefoot on the clay path on the way down the mountain...there are foot baths at the bottom to wash your feet before you put your shoes back on.

Got back shortly before dinner so I met two friends for dinner. Yummy, yummy pancakes for dinner. Great way to spend the day off. Now it's time to go to bed early.

1 comment:

Beccy said...

what a fun day! i am so glad you have great friends! love you and miss you. really sad you aren't coming home for a visit this summer.