I have had some really fun weekends with friends the last couple weekends but I didn't have my camera with me. So I will just have to write about them and you'll have to do without pictures.
My friends Gurpreet and Erica celebrated their birthday on May 15th so after church 18 of us packed into 3 cars and drove into a part of Seoul called Itaewon 이태원 and ate some delicious Indian food. From Itaewon we drove to a park on the Han River. We hung out and talked until after midnight. Then we drove back to our suburb. Some people called it a night at that point--around 1am (I was one of them) while the rest hang out at a coffee shop until 3 or 4 am.
Last Sunday, I attended a co-worker's wedding. It was really fun to see a few former co-workers at the wedding. After the wedding, I had choir practice for a special service at my church. We are having a bilingual service on the 29th. After the choir practice, a few of us were really hungry so we went out for fried chicken. After chicken, we went to a coffee shop for ice cream (yes, I know that sounds strange but really, no one bought coffee) and played Dutch Blitz. I'm glad to have a few friends who play cards.
I usually have a never ending amount of paperwork to do and I end up spending time on the weekends trying to stay caught up, but recently, I have decided not to give up time with my friends if I can help it. So hopefully I will have more fun stories (and pictures if I can remember my camera) from the coming weekends. But I have events at work the next 4 weekends so I am not sure exactly how much free time I will have.
No comments:
Post a Comment