Thursday, March 15, 2012

updates

I have finally officially registered my address change with the Korean government.  I feel relieved to have finally taken care of it. 

I was charging my Kindle last night on my computer when my computer decided to reboot itself...now my kindle won't turn on. ㅜ.ㅜ   So hopefully I can find some tricks to try online so I can get my kindle working again.  And I will be changing all the settings on my computer so there are no more automatic updates!!!!

I was joking with my student yesterday about cutting my hair really short.  He told me I shouldn't cut my hair short.  I asked why to which he replied that I would look like an ahjumma (아줌마).  I laughed so hard.  Ahjumma is definitely not a compliment.  Leave it to my students to tell the truth as they see it.  I reminded Lucky that I had short hair before but he said that it was okay before because I had a nice perm.  Wow, the kid has a good memory.^^

I have to work this Saturday, next Saturday, and the following Saturday.  So much for thinking that I only work one Saturday a month.

My friend's daughter's birthday is tomorrow and so I have been trying to think of a good gift.  But all I can come up with are thinks my nephews would like.  I can't come up with any good ideas for a little girl.  I have until tomorrow morning to come up with something. 

The weather here has been pretty nice and I am really looking forward to being able to get outside and enjoy it.  The nice weather really makes me miss having my rollerblades and bike.  Might have to find a cheap bike to buy on craig's list. 

Two of my students want to change their names.  One of my students has never had an English nickname before and now wants one.  His mom told me that "he has decided that he is American now."  I am still waiting to hear what name he chooses for himself.  Another one of my students is going to change his English nickname which makes me sad because I like his current nickname and the reason behind it.  Part of his Korean name means luck so his nickname is Lucky.  Not sure how long it will take me to change what I call him since Lucky has been my student since 2008.  He is going to change his name to Jason but I think I will probably be calling him Lucky for a while longer.

After drinking way too much mountain dew while I was going to Ajou University Hospital in the mornings, I have cut back on the caffeine to one mtn dew a week.  Thankfully, the caffeine headaches are almost gone.  What an annoying thing to be addicted to caffeine.

1 comment:

Beccy said...

I think I will change my nickname to lucky. Our wheel on the car did not burst despite inches of the metal strip exposed during ur trip to OH. Actually God deserves the credit for his hand of protection on us. Gonna. Post a pic of the tire when I figure out how to do that from here. Love you!!!!