Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grace update #2

We took Grace to the hospital on Monday morning for her check.  Her leg is looking good and is healing normally.  She needs to wear a cast for a few more weeks but it is smaller now.  Her cast was from mid-thigh to her toes; now it is from her calf to her toes.  And then she will probably need to wear a brace for a week or two after that. 

Grace is really brave and did really well with the x-rays and the doctor talking to her mom.  She got a little scared when the ortho specialists started to cut down her cast.  He was obviously not a peds specialists.  He turned on the saw and started cutting without reassuring her at all...in fact with barely talking to her.  She was totally freaked out by the sound of the saw and started crying when he started cutting her cast.  I felt bad because I remember getting my own cast taken off when I was in 4th grade--not fun.  The doctor didn't even pause in his cutting when she started crying, poor girl.

No comments: