Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bus trips

For those of you who know me pretty while, you will not be surprised to learn that I am a little clumsy...okay, really clumsy.  I have had a few 'fail' bus trips recently.  One was a spectacularly clumsy fail.  The other was a more normal fail.
Story #1: We have been having refreshments after the service this month at church.  I volunteered to do most of the shopping for the refreshments.  Shopping for the first week went well.  Got all the veggies prepped at home Saturday night and put into bags so I could carry everything to church on Sunday morning.  I had stuff in my backpack and two other carry bags.  I was doing just fine on the bus until the driver made an unexpected stomp on the brakes. (I know where all the bus stops and stoplights are so I know where the stops are supposed to be.)  Anyway, the quick stop was okay except I spun around a little to keep my balance...and hit the person sitting in front of me in the head with my backpack.  I turned all the way around so I could apologize to her and that is when the bag full of cherry tomatoes tipped over and spilled all over the bus.  So in the span of 5 seconds I went from having everything under control to needing to apologize to one person and rush around the bus picking up tomatoes.  It was awesomely funny.  Here is maybe my favorite part to this story.  Another woman on the bus (not the one I hit in the head) watched everything happen yet just sat there calmly pointing out the cherry tomatoes I needed to pick up, NOT offering to help in anyway to pick them up. 

Story #2: This fail happened this past Sunday.  I usually catch a bus after church to go to Suwon.  I have been doing this for months now.  This week, Rachael and I were taking the bus together.  The 720-1 bus came and I suggested we take it since the other buses had a pretty long wait.  Rachael pointed out that it takes a really long time to get to where we need to go in Suwon.  I said we had plenty of time so no big deal.  Anyway, we got on the bus and started talking.  45 minutes later, I told Rachael that I didn't know where we were any more...and then I started laughing.  We got on the wrong bus.  The 720-1 doesn't go where we were trying to go.  So we had to get off  the bus and catch a different bus to take us back to where we were suppose to go.  We were laughing hysterically at this point because Rachael knows that this bus doesn't go where we wanted but didn't say so before we got on and because we were no longer going to be early.  In my defense for suggesting we take the bus, here's a list of all the buses that go from our church to where we wanted: 7, 7-2, 700, 700-2, 720, 720-2, and 730.  Here's the list of all the buses that don't: 720-1.  Fail.  But lesson learned.

No comments: