Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy Weekend

I had a very busy weekend. Master Choi treated me and the afternoon masters to dinner on Friday night. We all had a lot of fun relaxing and talking after work. If any of you had been there, you could have laughed at me as I attempted to eat chicken wings with chopsticks. I finally gave up after awhile and used my fingers. This is Masters Lee, Kim, and Yang.Master Jin and Me. Master Choi rarely lets me take his picture and Master Rhee refused to be a part of the group pictures.

On Saturday, we had a demonstration at the gym. It was me, Master Choi, all five of the afternoon masters, and four of the morning masters. I am still not use to having a camera so I did not think to give my camera to anyone during the demonstration. I promise to be better and remember to give my camera to someone for the next demonstration. Anyway, the demonstration went well. Afterwards, we played with the kids a little bit.
We taught them a little bit of TKD and then played basketball and with hula hoops.
Master Choi took me and the masters out to eat after we were finished. We had what translates to as potato soup but really it was beef soup with a few potatoes. It was really good. It was a little bit spicy but I am getting use to how spicy food always is so it was not too spicy for me. After dinner, Master Choi and the other masters went out for drinks but Master Jin and I skipped the drinks and hung out at my apartment for a while. Apparently my apartment smells. At least that is what Master Jin told me so one of my plans for next weekend is to buy an air freshener.
On Sunday, I went to church and met some new people. Well, really they are just new to me as all three of them have been going to the church much longer than I have. Their names are Andrew, Bethany, and Lucy. Bethany and Lucy are English teachers and Andrew is in the army. I went out to lunch with the three of them after the service and had a ton of fun. In the evening I went to a movie. The mom of one of my students gave me a free movie ticket to use and told me what subway stop to go to. So, after a little bit of wandering at the subway stop I found the movie theater and saw Kung Fu Panda. It was really fun. Cultural note: all seats are assigned at movie theaters in Korea. So when you buy your ticket you are assigned a seat and there are little maps posted by the doors of each theater to help you find your seat.
Overall, it was a very fun and busy weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,
Glad you had a good weekend. Sounds like life is not dull by any means for you. We miss you but love to read your blog and know that you are well. I am helping Grandma & Granddad get their new computer setup working. Hopefully they will be able to read you blog now. Love Aund Linda