As I sit here writing knowing that I have no more paycheck as of Wednesday next week and no apartment as soon as Dec 6th, I had so many humbling thoughts. First and foremost is that I hate asking for help but have no way around it right now. My friends here in Korea have been crazy supportive and I am so thankful for them. But I'm still struggling with what to even ask them to help with. The second thought that has been playing in my head this week is how much I have let me job become who and what I am. I am getting a healthy reminder that what I do is not equal to what I am.
I'm still waiting to hear from my Bally Korea boss what he wants to do with me. If he doesn't offer me a job, I'll be home in the States probably before Christmas. And if he does offer me a job, I am not sure I want it at this point. Part of me is afraid that I will accept the first job offer I get regardless of whether it is a good job. So I'm still praying for wisdom that I can choose wisely. I've also started looking at schools and already I am cringing thinking about paying tuition bills again. Sorry Beccy but the AT program in Omaha is by far the most expensive program I've looked into so it's not looking good for me moving to Omaha.
I've not been sleeping a ton as I've been trying to find infomation about schools and job openings. It's been a struggle to focus at work. We haven't told any of the parents about what is happening in the program and I image that the changes are not going to go over well. More than half of my co-workers will lose their jobs here. And many haven't decided if they even want to stay. Most will work through the end of December but no one has decided to stay past January.
My plan for the fall was to go to school full time or work full time and keep teaching TKD part-time because I enjoy it. Now, there is no plan and that's scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment