Today was my last offical day working for Bally in the US. It's been a great opportunity and I am sad for it to be over. It's hard knowing that all my friends are scrambling to find new sponsers for their visas in the US so that they can continue living in the US as they too face their last day of work today.
My Korean boss has agreed to add me to the budget for December. Therefore, I have a little more time to make some decisions. I am pretty sure he thinks I am too expensive to keep on the payroll so I am not sure that I will be offered anything past this month--unless they make some big changes to our program. I am still waiting to hear from the US part of the company about my apartment and my phone. One of the best things these past few years has been work paying for everything for me. Now, it kind of sucks as nothing is in my name so I can't control anything. I feel like I am playing a waiting game to see how long I have until everything just ends. I am still not entirely convinced that I won't get a last minute "You need to move out immediately" message so I am trying to get a little more of my apartment packed everyday. A few of my friends have offered to take me in case that happens which is awesome.
Still a little hard at work. I keep having to say good-bye to more and more co-workers as they quit and look for new programs that will allow them to go to the US. 2 more finished work today.
After the meeting in the US, I should have a little more information...so I can start making plans again. In the mean time, I have applied to some jobs and some schools in the states and I am waiting to hear back from most of them. I know that I have a lot of options, but I am still having trouble deciding what step to take next.
No comments:
Post a Comment