Sunday, February 12, 2012

My weekend

I had to get up early (for a Saturday) and go to work this weekend.  I had seven students taking their child black belt tests.  And I even have pictures to show!!!  You should be proud of me even if I wasn't the one taking most of the pictures and we were using the work camera and not my personal camera--the work one is MUCH nicer than mine, the kind of camera I get nervous holding because it is so expensive.  Anyway, best quote of the morning came from Andy.Andy: I woke up at 5am this morning.
Me: Why?!
Andy: I had to get ready for my test.
--just to note, his test started at 10am and I am not sure what he did for 3 hours at home before he came to the club.
So here are a few pictures from the testing.
 
 First Degree
 Second Degree
 My students--so very NOT nervous before their test
 All the masters, students, parents, and me
Me...just because I am usually not in the pictures that I post. Just once, I would love it if the TKD association would pick a location that had heat so I didn't have to sit for 2 hours in the cold.


After work, I headed to church for a quick meeting.  Then, I was probably the most boring person but I went home and slept.  After having a cold most of the week, I was ready for some extra sleep.  So I took a nap, did some laundry, watched a movie on my computer, and then went to bed early.

I work up today feeling so much better after the extra sleep.  Went to church, had some coffee with friends after (okay, really I drank tea), went to Suwon to feed homeless people, and now I am sitting in a coffee shop eating a pretzel--I'm a little addicted to the fresh baked pretzels right now--and using the wi-fi. 

It's been a great weekend.  I am very thankful to be feeling better; it's never much fun to be sick.  I'm feeling ready for another week.

No comments: