Sunday, February 12, 2012
observation hours
I am very excited to be starting my observation hours for physical therapy. Most of the programs I have looked at in the US have a prerequisite of observation hours in order to join their programs. I was initially concerned about getting the hours taken care off while I was living in Korea. Thankfully, one of my church friends is the head of the ICU at a nearby hospital, and he has agreed to introduce me to the head of the PT department and arranged for me to do my observation hours with her. I am a little nervous since it has been so long since I have been in a hospital setting and I am not sure how easily I will be able to communicate with the head of the PT department...but that just means I will have to better at practicing my Korean. Wednesday will be my first day at the hospital. I will be going in the mornings and then working in the afternoons. Thankfully, I have enough time in the mornings to put in a couple of hours and still get to work on time. I am really interested in seeing what some of the differences between US hospitals and Korean hospitals. One difference I already know about is how many roommates you have. It is common to have 4 or more patients in each room versus the 1 or 2 patients per room in the US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is really cool! Hope you feel great soon!
Post a Comment