Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter weekend

I had a great Easter.  On Saturday, my friends Melea and Sarah invited a big group of us over to their apartment.  The eggs above are ones that they decorated beforehand.  We played games that Melea's family plays every Easter and then had her families traditional Easter lunch...well, at least as close to it as you can get when you have to start substituting ingredients because you can't find the original ingredient in Korea.  It was fun, and the lunch was yummy.  Rachael was at the party with me even though she probably should have been home in bed because she was pretty sick.  But sick Rachael on sinus infection medicine was pretty entertaining for everyone else. 

On Sunday, I put my cell group to work (in my defense I asked them to volunteer, I didn't demand that they work) setting up for the church service.  We changed chapels at the church and we had a lot of little tasks to do like putting up signs so people will know the new location and such.  Then we had to help prepare for communion...things are a little different when you are the person preparing the communion beforehand, too.  Side note, pouring 200 cups is hard if you are clumsy like me, especially when you are working not to spill a drop.  Anyway, my cell group to a great job of being willing hands for all the little things we need to do to get the chapel set up and ready so the leaders could get communion prepared.  After service, we walked to the park near the church (a block away) and had a picnic.  We brought lots of food and snacks and candy to eat.  I got a chance to play frisbee.  I got to catch up with quite a few friends I haven't had time to talk with in a long time.  All in all, it was a great Easter Sunday spending so much time with my church family.

I hope that everyone at home was able to enjoy a wonderful Easter, too.

No comments: