Tuesday, August 10, 2010

toe update #3

So the doctor told me my toe is doing much better--and it finally looks much better which is mostly what I go by. Anyway, the part of my toe I hurt with the door is healing nicely and with almost no pain. The part of my toe that used to have a toe nail covering it really hurts. Anyone got any advise for me? I have never lost a nail before let alone had it pulled out.

Second question. The doctor said I still need to keep my toe dry but I need to go to the water park with my students this Friday. Any suggestions. I have some waterproof bandaids (thanks to 3M--yea MN company ^^) and I have been taping a plastic bag over my foot to take showers everyday. Anyone got some new ideas for me? I am not sure how the waterproof bandaids will hold up to a whole day at the park.

I will try to get a new picture of my toe soon. I have been keeping it wrapped but will take a picture next time I change the bandages. My toe looks sort of silly with part of my toe nail missing--it looks really swollen/lopsided even though it isn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How abot a baggie cut short and taped around your toe? Maybe a couple of them. Then maybe wear some water shoes to keep it all intact. Love ya. Mom

Anonymous said...

Bring a couple extra coverings so you can change out during the day if it does get wet. Better for it to get wet several times and dry out than for it to get wet and stay wet. Maybe try 'finger cots' or a tegaderm if you can find them. Finger cots are like just the stretchy finger of a latex glove and many drugstores in the states carry them - like a swim cap for your toe :)
-Su